Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Favorite Poem Project

We have finished the dystopian project and we as a team have moved forward and the next project is Our Favorite Poem Project. When Mrs. Elliott first showed us I thought that it was going to be difficult, but after some team planning we have come up with what we will do. Each of us will pick a poem and we will figure out the merit inside that poem and also talk about why we choice that poem. What makes it special? How to it relate in our life? We are given seven minutes or less to read this poem and why we chose it. At the end of this project each of the ten members on the team will have made their own and it will be put together to make one big Our Favorite Poem Project.

5 comments:

  1. I personally am looking forward to this assignment, mainly because it's a new way of looking at poetry. We've written analyses on poetry all throughout high school, it's nice to consider that there are poems out there that might actually be enjoyable to read, and that might actually have impacts on people's lives. I usually don't like video projects, but I think that saying it to a camera instead of writing it on paper gives a new kind of life and tone to what poetry actually contributes to society.

    -Jillian D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, at the very beginning, I was dreading this project. But after looking into poems and finding that there are some I actually feel I relate to, it has opened my eyes and given me a much broader outlook on poetry and what it has to offer.
    -Secada C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely shared the same thoughts as you did, but after a while you just get used to the idea of searching for a poem that is significant to you, and you alone. Have you found your favorite poem yet?
    -Millicent L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not found a favorite poem because it is very difficult to narrow one down.

    ReplyDelete