Friday, May 11, 2012


What I Read that Mattered
At first I thought I would put all the text books I have read since I was five. Textbooks are important things I read , with out them I probably wouldn't be in the place I am now . If you know me , you know that I absolutely hate the thought of reading. As much as I have tried to read it is just really hard. But this year , since we have been given the opportunity to read works that we want , reading has become a little easier. What I have read that has mattered was the book " The Help" . I just recently finished reading this book and it was absolutely amazing , the movie didn't even compared to the book. If I could reach everyone in the world I would tell them to read this book. Why does this matter? It matters because this book shows us what this poor African American women went through. This book shows us what kind of unjust society we lived in. To me it is important to show others that this is something we could never go back to. That as loving human beings we can't treat others like that just because of skin tone. Skin tones, being handy capped, etc. is no reason to treat someone differently . God made all of us for a reason and we all come to this world with a purpose, whether it be a good one or a bad one. The thing i really enjoyed about the book was that the main character Skeeter (who was white) loved the company of the maids and she consider her best friend to be her maid. She considered that because her maid was the only one around her that didn't make fun of her and the maid treated her with respected. This book was just amazing and I hope that others get the chance to read this.“ The Help” really makes you wonder how not that long ago people were treated like that. It also makes you want to make sure something like that doesn’t happen again. Another thing that helped me during reading this book and that I would encourage for others is to watch the movie before reading the book. I watched the movie before reading the book and it helped a lot because you could see in your mind while reading every characters face. Not only that the movie is pretty similar to the book , so it also helps you understand the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment