Friday, May 11, 2012

Why I write

The reason I write is not just because of grades and what not, but because of my passion for using words to describe a feeling, an event, and something to share to the world. Diaries, the book of secrets and privacy, is what made me start writing. Not only did it let vent out my emotions, frustrations and happiness, but its soft, smooth and clear paper allowed me to writer when I am happy or sad. Tpapers serve as a shoulder for me to cry on, and it also serves as a playground for me to play on. The sound of writing on the paper, the smooth and light lines and curves of the alphabets all prove to be joy. The paper does not criticize you for what you write, neither does the pen object you from writing. The paper does not care what kind of writing you choose to establish, whether it be cursive, formal, or even a different language. The languages on different papers are all the same. They mean the same thing, but just not the same characters. Writing lets people express themselves freely and clearly. It does not need to be read by someone else for one to appreciate their own writing. I write for my own pleasure, I write to share the various experiences in my life, I write to permanently have a certain memory in my mind. The different types of emotions one gets when they're writing affects the style of their work. The smooth and graceful printing on a piece of paper when one is in a good mood, or the dark and imprinted writing when something goes wrong. The paper does not complain and neither does the pencil. Writing is a type of relaxation, it clears my mind while absorbing the memory on paper. On the other hand, writing proves to be an improvement of speech and language. To me, writing is just like drawing.

-Millicent L.

No comments:

Post a Comment