Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Senior Memoir Projects

For the past month (and a half?) we've been working on our senior memoir projects in and outside of class. The goal of the project is to create a memorabilia that we can all proudly look back on and show others of our life in high school and as seniors and even before that. The project is bittersweet. I want to make it look great and make it as good as it can be, but I'm not the most creative so I'm getting help from friends and family. The project makes you look back at your whole life and at high school, and you just can't help but think that time has gone by so fast. Not only that, but the idea that we're turning in this grand project reflecting on our entire life thus far is scary in its own right because it reminds us that graduation is only a few weeks away, and pretty soon, all of our lives are going to be changed. As I'm wrapping up this project, I can't help but feel that another chapter in my life is complete, but I'm also excited to think that a whole new chapter is about to begin.

2 comments:

  1. No lie, the senior memoir has made me cry a few times...it's made me reflect back on my high school career (timeline), narrow down my life into 50 measly things (though i cheated and actually did 70), and made me think of the future (letter to child). but it's definitely one of my favorite projects, and i'm so glad Mrs. Elliott made it as fun as it was!
    -Kristen E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about the project and the reality that we are almost done with high school has finally caught up to me. I'm also glad I'm not the only one struggling with the creative aspect of the project. I agree that time has gone by fast, almost too fast, but that getting out of here and being on our own should be a great experience.

    -Kevin W.

    ReplyDelete